In order to shield our workers and valued customers from the coronavirus, we have taken various health precautions and have started more safety procedures. It is highly important that we keep everybody in our communities protected. Our Chevy family will prioritize the safety of our teams, owners and their family members.
- Actively checking CDC and state healthcare and govt for health regulations
- Increased cleaning and sanitation services throughout facilities
- Encouraging remote working when possible
- Encouraging workers to donate blood as part of the Sleeves up Campaign in collaboration with the Red Cross
- Made IT and Internal Communication resources available to staff members to help them and their families up-to-date
- Monitoring the health of our staff
In addition to our initiatives to help employees and consumers, Chevy is also reaching out global to coordinate enormous relief efforts. We're collaborating closely with Ventec Life Systems together with StopTheSpread.org to rapidly scale up manufacturing of vitally essential breathing products. We're additionally creating 50,000 Level-1 face masks monthly, collaborating with global supply chains to find extra Personal Safety Equipment for essential service providers. On top of that we're routing $2 million in grant funding to non-profit organizations in need.
Chevy is helping Customers During Coronavirus
We know that now, more than ever is the moment to lend a helping hand to those in need. That's why we're introducing 0% APR for 84 months and no payments for 120 days on brand-new Chevy purchases. We are also providing special first-responder discount prices to those who so selflessly commit themselves to assisting our neighborhoods. If you just want to have your automobile repaired or serviced, we have got you covered. Just reach out to an online agent, or call our service or sales line to schedule an appointment. We also offer pick up/drop off and delivery options where available. If your problems are car associated, we're happy to help.
How Chevy is Responding to the Coronavirus | Sterling McCall Chevrolet